Welcome to the African Genomic Medicine Training Initiative (AGMT) website. This work was initiated by a Working Group made up of volunteers from across the globe. This working group is made up of Planning Team and supported by consultants.
- Increased effectiveness of Health Care in Africa through the application of Genomic Medicine
What do we do?
- We design and develop Genomic Medicine training for African-based healthcare professionals.
- Develop competency based Genomic Medicine curriculum for healthcare workers in Africa
- Develop and implement flagship training courses based on the collaboratively developed curricula
Who is part of our team?
A network of global experts collaboratively design and implement training initiatives tailored for the African populations and health needs
How do we operate?
- We seek collaborations with existing bodies and leverage freely available information.
- We also seek to increase engagement between researchers and healthcare workers to facilitate the realization of Genomic Medicine in Africa.
What can the AGMT do for me?
- I am a Nurse?
We have a Genomic Medicine course scheduled to start in April 2017. Watch this website for application details.
- I am not a nurse but I am a healthcare professional?
We plan to adapt the existing nursing training initiative for other healthcare workers in the near future.
- I am a researcher in the Genomics and Genetics field?
We welcome researchers willing to be part of this initiative. We hold online monthly meetings.
- I am an expert in Education/Training?
We welcome education/training specialists willing to be part of this initiative. We hold monthly online meetings.
- I am not an expert in any of the fields above but I am interested in knowing more?
We do not have a public education initiative as yet. However, we are affiliated to the mGenAfrica project – a public engagement initiative aimed at high school learners.